Sunday, January 8, 2012

Creating a Rockin Body!

For my Christmas break I traveled around Italy this year. It was truly an amazing trip as I tour through Christmas in Verona, learned the art of Italian cooking in Bologna, and skied in the Dolomites. Yet eating rich Italian food all day, while truly delectable, wasn't so friendly to my waste line. So, its now time to exercise it all off!
Exercising every day also enables me to battle this depressing time of year when the days are short and cold, keeping me energized and positive (most of the time anyway :-).
The first step I’ve realized over the years is to create a plan. Without a plan, I’m doomed to choose the couch after a tiring day of teaching. Step two, develop a plan that is fun as well as possible.
Many of you have probably heard about the Beachbody program P90x. While I have yet to give P90x a try, I have enjoyed Chalene Johnson’s Turbo Jam workouts and now I’ve become a Shaun T groupie. For me, Shaun T.’s Rockin Body Workouts are perfect! I love, love, love to dance anytime, anywhere. Thus, dancing for exercise provides the ideal fun motivator I need to stick to my workout plan. Don't let the dancing fool ya, in these workouts I'll be doing a lot more than just brushing my shoulder off. These workouts will make me swore in places I didn't even know I had muscles.
I can also easily pop in the videos and complete the workouts in the comfort of my own apartment. I don’t have to venture into the cold dark night to go to the gym. Fun and possible, check!

At the end of the month, I'll hopefully be in great shape when I begin Shaun T’s Insanity workout videos. These workouts have no dancing but, will bring me back to my soccer days as I push myself through HIIT circuit exercises. No pain, no gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment